At WLOC, we constantly strive to make our club not only entertaining, but safe for all of our members.
WLOC — Rules and Regulations (Effective 2019)
Membership card will be carried at all times on club property
- Must have current membership card with you for identification, while using or on the Range
- No driving or parking on cement shooting walkways: No driving on Rifle or Pistol range
- Everyone is responsible for cleaning up after using club property
- No willful destruction of club property; exploding targets are strictly prohibited
Membership runs from February 1st to January 31st – see by-laws for all membership requirements Dues must be paid by February 1st – Otherwise you must re-apply for membership
Prior to receiving membership card and gate combination New Members MUST:
- Have sponsorship of existing member who has been in good standing 2 years
- Attend first meeting with sponsor
- Attend orientation session
- Work 10 hours every year for the club; for new members starting February 2018
Rifle and Pistol Range
- Range hours are 9am to dusk — see posted signs
- Range closed during special events
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted to use RIFLE Range without supervision of an adult member
- No one under the age of 21 is permitted to use the PISTOL Range without supervision of an adult member; unless permitted by Federal and/or WV State Law, i.e.: Military and Law Enforcement agencies are excluded
- When Law Enforcement is using the range for qualifying: Law Enforcement Range Officer will give directions on use of the range. Range is still open to members
- Obey all range signs and commands
- AT ALL TIMES: TREAT ANY AND ALL FIREARMS AS IF THEY WERE LOADED!
- Do not go forward of firing line until a safe line has been called. Firearms will not be handled when anyone is in front of the firing line
- No loud or profane language permitted. The range is for all individuals and families to enjoy
- No one shall handle or shoot firearms on the ranges while, or after, consuming alcoholic beverages: no illegal drugs of any kind are permitted
- Rifle and Pistol Range users must sign range sign in sheet, INCLUDING Guests
- Only ONE Guest is allowed and must be accompanied by a card-carrying member. That Guest is eligible for use of Range ONE TIME ONLY, then must become a member to use range facilities again.
- Pistol Range: Elevate targets: so rounds will go into the backstop and make sure the targets are not angled at the corner of the club building
- Pistol Range: no shooting from behind a line extending from building doors to the pistol range shelter
- Store range target stands under shelter to keep them dry and secure when done
- No shooting rifles or shotguns on the pistol range
- Paper targets only on ranges: no bottles, wood or metal etc. to be used for targets. Clean up after use, including spent casings, targets, food wrappers, beverage containers etc.
- In case of an emergency call 911 and stay there until help arrives. Emergency numbers and directions are posted in or on range boxes and inside on club house bulletin boards